The former world darts champion Ted Hankey has admitted sexually assaulting a woman. The 54-year-old appeared at Warrington magistrates court on Thursday. He spoke to confirm his name, age and address, and pleaded guilty to the charge.
The court heard he was charged with intentionally touching a woman over the age of 16 on 10 September last year. Jonathan Wilkinson, prosecuting, said the victim was under 18.
District Judge Sanders said the case would be sent to Chester crown court, where Hankey will be sentenced on 12 May. He told Hankey he would become subject to notification requirements and should report to a local police station as he granted him conditional bail.
The charge relates to an incident in Crewe, Cheshire. The darts player is a two-times world champion. He first qualified for the BDO World Championship in 1998 and went on to win in 2000 and 2009.